Anytime you stay in one position for too long, it can take a toll on your body. With so many jobs working from home in this day and age, it is important to limit the amount of time you are sedentary. Luckily, there are easy stretches you can do to break up these periods of stillness. This keeps your body well-balanced. Here are three easy work-from-home stretches you can do to keep your body in healthier shape.
Are you typing all day for work? This stretch will help alleviate the toll on your wrists.
- Stand up and put one arm out in front of you, your palm facing the floor
- With your other hand, pull your fingers back
- Hold for a brief moment
- Next, push your fingers and palm face down towards your body
- Finally, repeat with your other arm
If you are seated in the same position all day, this stretch is a great stretch for your back muscles.
- Stand up
- Lock your hands behind your head
- Begin squeezing your shoulder blades together
- Hold this position for several seconds
- Take a deep, calm breath and repeat
It’s important to stand up and stretch your legs after sitting for long periods of time.
- While standing, stretch out your leg on a low platform such as a chair or step
- Stand tall and steady
- Lean forward and stretch out towards your foot
- Stretch and hold for 20 seconds
- Repeat with other leg
Join Our Wellness Tribe
Ready to make an adjustment for a pain-free life? Be Well Lifestyle Centers are here to help. We are excited to be your one-stop-shop for health and wellness! Be Well Lifestyle has chiropractic care, physical therapy, massage and a cafe with delicious and nutritious menu items.
It’s time to feel better. Schedule your free assessment today!