Hello friend! Today we will be sharing with you four superfood smoothie recipes to make at home. I mean, who doesn’t love a good smoothie? It’s just like ice cream but healthier! Even better, these smoothies contain healthy superfoods. Keep on reading to discover these four delicious and filling superfood smoothie recipes. Here are the following four superfood smoothies to make at home with friends or family!
Delicious Superfood Smoothies to Make at Home
Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
First up, the peanut butter cup smoothie! If you are one to drift towards chocolate and peanut butter, then this one is definitely for you. This creamy smoothie is naturally sweetened with dates and is actually very filling. It is perfect for a guilt-free dessert. Try this smoothie out instead of digging into your chocolate stash!
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 tablespoon flax meal or hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 3 pitted Medjool dates (or maple syrup to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- A handful of ice
Superfood Green Smoothie
Next, we have the superfood green smoothie! This superfood green smoothie has pineapple, mango, and banana inside which overpower the taste of spinach and kale. It is great for those who are just starting to drink green smoothies as it does not have that “green taste”.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple and mango chunks
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon flax meal or hemp hearts
- 1-2 cups spinach or kale
- 1/2 banana, peeled
Dragon Fruit Smoothie
This dragon fruit smoothie is loaded with antioxidants. Although it may be hard to find fresh dragon fruit, smoothie packs are now available next to the frozen acai packs and other frozen fruit at various grocery stores. This bright pink smoothie is pleasing to the eye as well as the stomach!
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 cup frozen peach chunks
- 1 frozen dragon fruit (pitaya) pack
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup favorite yogurt or sub with almond milk
Tropical Tumeric Smoothie
Last but not least is the tropical tumeric smoothie! Tumeric is a powerful herb in fighting disease. Turmeric is also known for its powerful anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties! This smoothie is perfect for those wanting a pick-me-up.
- 1 orange, peeled (or orange juice)
- 1 peeled and sliced frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
Add all the ingredients for your desired smoothie to the blender. Blend until smooth, adding more liquid if needed to turn the blender blade. Add more ice to make your smoothies thick and icy. If you prefer your smoothies to be smooth, try less ice!
The Benefits of Superfoods
- Hemp Hearts: They are high in Omega-3 and protein. Hemp hearts help with arthritis and joint pain, heart health, hair, skin, and nails, fight cancer, and more.
- Flax: High in Omega-3, antioxidants (lignans), magnesium, and fiber. Flax lowers cholesterol, fights cancer, and also improves skin and hair.
- Spirulina: Helps detox heavy metals, lower cholesterol, boost energy, aid in weight loss, lower blood pressure, help prevent cancer, and lower the chances of a stroke.
- Maca root: Maca root is known to balance hormones in women and men. As well as boost energy, memory and mood, and more.
- Chia seed: Chia seeds are usually found in smoothies as they are high in fiber, Omega-3, protein, vitamins, and minerals. Treats diabetes, boost energy and metabolism, build muscle, lose weight, fight breast and cervical cancer, and promote dental health.
At Be Well Lifestyle Centers, we want our customers to feel rejuvenated and feel better in ways they didn’t even know they needed. Can’t get enough of superfood smoothies? We also offer well-balanced smoothies as well as various food options through The Kitchen at Be Well. Check out our website and order now!