You don’t have to play sports, or workout every day for your body to suffer from wear and tear. The simple act of living does plenty of harm to your body’s spine, joints, muscles and overall mobility. Plus, as we all age, our ability to recover with just a bit of sleep and a good stretch just isn’t possible. When you’re feeling the aches and pains, and aren’t quite sure how to repair the damage from your daily routines without consuming pain killers, Movology can help naturally repair your body.
Daily Routines Causing Aches and Pains
When you’re going about your day-to-day activities, it’s hard to imagine the damage being caused by the movements you’re making, or lack of movement you’re making! Take a few minutes today to stop and notice what your body does and doesn’t do when walking, working out, doing laundry, raking leaves, doing your job, and more. Pay attention to the big movements like the way you get out of bed, along with the smaller ones such as how you use the mouse or mousepad on your computer and laptop.
Not sure which of your movements, or lack of movement, might be causing aches and pains? These might help suss it all out for you:
- Crossing your legs when you sit: leads to injured discs in your spine, which results in back and joint pain.
- Leaning forward when standing up: if you don’t keep your spine straight, you aren’t using your hip muscles but rather your trunk muscles which causes back problems.
- Prolonged sitting in front of your laptop/computer: this causes neck pain and often, headaches, because your neck muscles are flexed and the muscles are in a lengthened position for extended periods of time.
- Sitting on the toilet: squatting is an artform – if not done properly, you can cause excessive inward twisting of your knee, causing inflammation to the cartilage in your knee.
- Watching TV: most people slouch into a chair or couch when watching television, which causes your back to arch into the shape of a C and that causes pressure to the lower back, causing aches and pains.
- Smartphone usage: people hunch over as they use their smartphones, which causes your neck to end up in a rather awkward position resulting in pain and discomfort throughout your neck and upper back, plus headaches.
- Desk sitting: even when you don’t have a computer or laptop, just sitting at your desk all day tends to cause hunched shoulders and that places unnecessary pressure on the spine, causing neck and shoulder pain, along with headaches.
- Wearing old shoes that are worn out: depending on how you walk or where you walk, shoes wear out unevenly. When the soles and shoes wear down, it often means an uneven weight distribution to parts of your foot and that affects your entire body from feet all the way up your spine and radiates out to your ankles, knees and hips.
We’re creatures of habit, and even though we KNOW how we should sit, walk, stretch, take lots of breaks from repetitive motions – we often slide back into the bad habits of slouching over, spending hours looking at our phones texting, and crossing our legs when we sit. When this happens, the aches and pains return!
Skip the Pain Medications and Naturally Repair Your Body
Although we want to make the necessary changes to how we move our bodies, it’s sometimes difficult and we need a little help dealing with the aches and pains of everyday living. If that’s the case, there’s a proven way to help heal your body without relying on medications: Movology!
Our team of professionals provide a customized treatment plan incorporating stretching, exercise, compression therapy and electric stimulation to help your body recover from daily wear and tear. With a combination of modalities we can increase functional movement which helps alleviate pain throughout your body, making it easier to live your life without relying on medications every day for pain relief.
With a body free from aches and pains, you can spend time participating in the life you want to live!
Movology Repairs Your Body Naturally
Aches and pains reduce our quality of life, and having to rely on pain medications to regulate pain levels just to make it through a normal day can cause unwanted health issues. Naturally repairing your body through Be Well’s proprietary Movology program can be the solution you’ve been searching for to not just alleviate body pain, but also teach you the right body positions, movements and motions you should be doing to maintain a healthier and happier lifestyle. Contact us today to learn more about our Movology program to see if it is the right fit for you.
Get Help Today!
Please use the form below to inquire about this service. Our friendly and welcoming service team will be in touch to answer any questions you may have.